Monday, June 01, 2015

Sponsor Spotlight: The Gem Closet

When Mel emailed me to introduce me to her shop, The Gem Closet, I was quite intrigued. I was anxious to see if the online jewelry boutique did indeed live up to its name. Well, it's safe to say that the shop, which features everything from bracelets to necklaces to clothing, delivers wholeheartedly on its promise. Mel's love affair with all things fashion began when she was a young girl, when she used to look through her mom's jewelry collection. Read on for the history of her shop and her insider tips for the fashionista on a budget! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: The Gem Closet,
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Instagram
Get inspired on Pinterest
Tell me a bit about your shop. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
Well, I have always loved fashion and jewelry. As a little girl, I used to always "borrow" jewelry from my mom. She had this wicker elephant that she kept all her jewelry in and it was always so organized and separated in little baggies -- matching earrings and all. Even to this day, I still have some of my mom's jewelry and if she happens to leave any at my house well...you know lol. Opening this store is my way of hopefully helping others create the same memories that I have -- delivering fashion for everyone at great prices.

What are some trends we're seeing as we move into the summer? What are some of your favorite fashion trends?
What I'm noticing is the stacked bracelets and also bold statement bracelets. I think for years, jewelry has always been thought of as just an accessory. Now the focus is shifting and jewelry is becoming the main attraction that could really break or make an outfit.

What are some things people should keep in mind when shopping for jewelry or fashion in general online?
Buy a little for now, but also keep in mind classic pieces that can go with any outfit. Never be afraid to experiment with fashion. Also, if you see some styles that you like but you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to the shop owner. Support them on social media. We love hearing feedback from our customers. Plus, you don't want to miss out on a flash sale! :)

What are some ways that people can still look chic for less?
Looking chic and put together doesn't have to be complicated. Having an organized wardrobe helps because you can always find a forgotten treasure in your closet. If you have on a plain blouse, throw on a scarf or pair it with a bold statement necklace. If you're on a tighter budget, you could always get together with your group of friends and do a clothes exchange. Everyone brings a bag or two of items. Set them up on hangers, racks, whatever you have, and go shopping. Whatever is left can be donated. You can get some nice, but gently used items that can hold you over until you can go shopping. When you do go shopping, look for sales first, then branch out to other areas of the store.
What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
I have so many favorite pieces in my shop, so it's hard to choose just one item. I'd have to choose the ring collection. As a single mom, sometimes the easiest accessory for me is to slide on a nice ring before I go out the door. It's not much, but it's something for me as a working mom to keep me fashionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin