Thursday, July 23, 2015

In Which I Reveal My Old Lady Lifestyle

As the old saying goes, "When the cat's away, the mice will play" -- or, in my case, will kick off the second annual Bachelorette Weekend. My mom is off to the Big Apple this weekend (don't worry, a guest post chronicling her adventures will be forthcoming...), so it's the perfect opportunity for me to plan my dream weekend. I've three solid days of freedom ahead of me; I half feel like a teenager whose parents go away for the weekend. I could plan complete debauchery if I wanted to. I could sleep all weekend. I could even throw a huge party and dance 'til 4 a.m. The weekend is my oyster, and it's all for the taking.

But the funny thing? The more I start thinking about my plans, the more I realize just how decidedly non-teenagerish they all are. Dare I say, they more closely resemble a low-key weekend spent by any one of the Golden Girls. Don't believe me? A few of the things on my MUST-DO LIST...

1. Retro Movie Marathon: Last year, it was Jurassic Park and My Girl. This year, I'm thinking some classic summer movies, like Now and Then, Dirty Dancing or Stand By Me. I also plan on having lots of quality time with my DVR -- I've got some 135 events to choose from, so I figure it'll be sort of like cleaning. Well, that's what I'm telling myself, at least.

2. Magazines, Magazines, Magazines: Oh, and did I mention magazines? My stacks are piling high again and my mind is flooding with visions of a cold Diet Pepsi, a couple York Peppermint Patties and a trip or two down the Red Carpet, thanks to US Weekly. It'll be the epitome of soothing and I'm already feeling relaxed just thinking about it.

3. A Dominoes Pizza Just For Me: To enjoy said Retro Movie Marathon, I plan on ordering myself a delicious pizza -- pepperoni, of course! There's something so 21st Century lazy about logging on to their Web site, clicking around a bit, building your perfect pizza and submitting your order.

4. Plan Next Week's Special Blog Series: I've been working on a special theme week that I'm so excited to share with you all on Monday -- the only hint I'll give you is that it has to do with the disability community. The quiet house should do wonders for my creative juices.

So, there's what I'll be doing this weekend. I suppose if I spontaneously start singing "Thank You For Being a Friend," we'll all know that I've achieved peak Golden Girl status. A girl can dream, can't she, friends? xoxo


  1. Weekends like that are the best! I hope you have fun :)

  2. Hahahahaha I love this, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE "The Golden Girls"!!!!!!! <3 :D

  3. i think you done lots of enjoyment weekend means doing fun:-)
    women flat shoes


Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin