Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Love Lounge: Let's Talk Letting Go

I've got a rather random Love Lounge post to share today. It all started over the weekend, when I found myself scrolling through my Facebook page. I haven't updated it in forever -- another thing to add to my to-do list -- and came across this quote...

"Sometimes the absence of reason is the great thing in the world."

Hmm, I thought. What an intriguing notion, especially to this logic-obsessed girl. But, much to my surprise, there was no attribution -- bad, bad journalist, Melissa! So I went on the hunt. Google turned up nothing. A search of my blog came up empty. I even asked my Facebook friends and couldn't find an answer.

I'm left with two possible conclusions: Either it's some obscure quote or I randomly made it up. Based on my journalistic endeavors, my money is on the latter. BBB But, my gosh, it raises a thought-provoking prospect. For so much of our lives, we're told what is right and what is wrong, that things exist in no shade but black or white. Things are simple, we're told. Or at least that's what we're taught to believe.

If it defines reason and everything we know to be true, it's best to stay away, right? And by away, I mean far, practically-on-the-other-side-of-the-galaxy away.

What if, and I know this might sound earth-shattering, we just let go? Maybe not forever since we don't want to go all hog wild and crazy, but at least for a little while. At least to know what that kind of freedom feels like.
Or maybe it's about more feeling and less thinking. Because reason? Sometimes I just want to throw it out the window, especially when it comes to love and certain people. I don't want constantly think and hold back and feel like anything I say is going to complicate things. So what if words did complicate things? Would that be such a bad thing? If holding our tongues is the "socially acceptable" thing to do, I have to believe that there eventually comes a time when we just have to throw caution to the wind. Consequences, be damned!

When have you found yourself in a similar situation, friends? How did you handle it? Did you ever end up saying anything or did you just continue to maintain the status quo? And, in your view, is there ever a "perfect time"?

[Photos via We Heart It]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin