Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Exciting News: My Essay on Good Housekeeping!

I'm so happy to share some exciting news today, friends! A new essay of mine was just published on Good Housekeeping today! I wrote about my surgical scars and how learning to accept them went a long way toward helping me come to terms with my disability. One of my favorite passages from the piece...

We all have scars, even if you can't visibly see them. Why are we so afraid of them? Is it because they can expose the most vulnerable parts of ourselves, the parts we're afraid to let anyone else see? Do we not want to seem "weak"? But those scars are a part of us, aren't they? They help make up the puzzle of who we are and who we become. And if we can't embrace them, how can we ever expect others to?

You can read the full piece here, and I'd love to hear your thoughts! And remember... #LoveYourself, today and always! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! that's such exciting news! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true Melissa and I loved your article! You never know what people carry around with them just by looking at them. A word, a touch, a smile, and just being kinder to one another goes a very long way since we all have scars and wounds of some kind visible and invisible. Glad to have found your blog! XO

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin