Monday, December 14, 2015

Sponsor Spotlight: The Posh'mina

In their traditional form, scarves don't typically scream "fashion statement." They're more practical than pop, more keep-you-warm than keep-you-looking-cool. Well, leave it to former co-workers Amanda and Debbie to inject some much-needed 'posh' style into the scarf world with The Posh'mina, their beautiful line of fashionable and versatile big scarves. As they say, it "debuts as an essential, slimming wrap that dresses up, layers with, or simply inspires the perfect outfit." And my favorite feature? The eye-popping colors and patterns, of course! I spoke with Debbie recently about the history of their shop, their fashion loves and their favorite item in the shop! Enjoy, friends! xoxo

Keep in touch...
Official Web site: The Posh'mina
Become a fan on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Follow on Instagram
Get inspired on Pinterest
Tell me about The Posh'mina. What's the inspiration behind its launch?
A love for fashion, big scarves and being our own boss! That said, Amanda and I used to be co-workers. I would get so frustrated with the ugly black sweater Amanda kept draped over her office chair. It was full of holes and I would have been embarrassed to offer it to the homeless. My solution was a pashmina, but it was always sliding off of me or constricting my movement. We thought that there had to be a stylish solution to stay warm in chilly cubicles and still be hands free and chic. We took a pair of scissors to an old pashmina, and the idea was born!

What are some trends we're seeing as we move into the late fall/early winter? What are some of your favorite fashion trends?
The Free People, Anthropologie, boho look (our favorite) is gaining even more momentum. Even some of the mainstream designers known for a more business look are incorporating fringe, ponchos and a hippy vibe into their lines.

What are some things people should keep in mind when shopping for fashion online?
I always like to watch the current fashion shows on YouTube and then shop online -- they inspire me. I never worry about the fit because almost everyone has great return policies.

What are some ways that people can still look chic for less?
Accessories, including scarves. I always start at the sales racks at the pricier places, both in-store or online. So many times I’ve found pieces I wanted but couldn’t afford -- at full price -- drastically marked down. I have seriously taken oversized pashmina scarves from a big box discount retailer and added slots to them only to have people buy them off my back. Also, look for faux fur collars (huge trend). You can add them to any or all of your sweaters and coats to look like a million with just a $20 pieces. And who doesn’t look fabulous in fur?!?!?

What is your favorite piece in your shop and why?
That’s tough! I would have to say the Lapis with arm slots. When we opened up the first samples, everyone in the room said, “Wow." The blue is amazing! I have a favorite custom piece Groovy that is a huge '70s tie-dyed scarf that I added arm slots to. Every time I try it on, I have flashbacks to the Beatles, sit-ins and Saturday Night Fever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin