Hello, unfriendly and unwelcome reality -- it's not nice to see you!
But that's not the whole story. At least for me anyway. Those little things called New Year's Resolutions? Umm, we've never exactly been the best of friends. Not by a long shot. I make them and then I break them. I always have the best of intentions, mind you, but something happens in the execution phase -- a design flaw or something that I haven't quite figured out yet.
Enter the Life Mantra. I'm considering this my resolution substitution this year and hoping for better results. Instead of
1. I will choose happiness, even if everyone around me is swimming in a sea of negativity; I will not be dragged down by other people's bad moods.
2. I will (try!) to see change for what it can be: An opportunity for growth and new adventures.
3. I will not be afraid to speak my mind, tell my story and be fully comfortable in my own skin.
4. I will continue to fight against the tide of worry, reminding myself that worrying is like getting on the on-ramp of a one-way street. It doesn't get you anywhere.
5. I will fully put work out of my mind for the entire weekend -- and NOT feel the least bit guilty about it.
6. I will feel my feelings, smile when I'm happy and cry if I need to. #NoShame #CryingIsHealthy
7. I will let go of what I can't control and embrace the uncertainty of that.
8. I will work on eliminating the "S" word from my vocabulary when it's not warranted. #SorryNotSorry
9. I will love fiercely and unapologetically -- myself, my family, my friends.
10. I will look for the extraordinary in the ordinary and the exciting in the mundane.
P.S. My keyword of 2015.
[Photos via We Heart It]