Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Puppies: They Grow Up So Fast...


This might sound weird, but I never really understood a parent's love for their child until Harry and Stella came into our lives. Granted, I knew parents loved their kids, but I never knew just how much they LOVED them, you know? That kind of overwhelming, all encompassing sort of love. And then our four-legged friends waltzed into our house, and, well, I got the message loud and clear.

So maybe that's why my heart practically burst when I came across Massachusetts-based photographer Amanda Jones enthralling series of adorable dog snapshots. Theses aren't just any old snapshots, though -- Jones captured the furry friends as puppies and then again as adults. Inspired by her first puppy Lily (first photo), Jones even turned her series into the book Dog Years!

"Lily Jones taught me that there is beauty and joy at every age," she says. "Even when you get old and your skin starts to sag, you can still run on a sunny beach or chase a squirrel, maybe just not as fast."


What wise words on age, right? Are you a dog person? Maybe a cat person? What sorts of pets have you had over the years, friends? I'd love to hear all about how they impacted your life for a future blog post! Feel free to email me at mellow1422@aol.com or send me a message on Facebook or Twitter! Looking forward to it! xoxo

[Via Feature Shoot]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin