For me, that place has always been the hospital.
Yes, you read that one correctly. I'll let it just sink in for a moment here.
Have you recovered? OK, good! Hear me out for a minute.
Well, I found myself right at home on Tuesday morning as I sat in the hospital waiting room. I was there to get my blood drawn, but you wouldn't have known it by the look on my face. Why? Because I was, umm, just a wee bit giddy. Seriously. I kid you not. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning, like someone who'd just won the lottery.
Yes, I was that excited.
Now, before you bring it to my attention, I know this is slightly abnormal. It's just that I have so many happy memories from days spent in the hospital growing up and being with my family. I know, that sounds even more abnormal, doesn't it?
Anyway, as I sat there in that waiting room, waiting for them to call my name like I was the next contestant on The Price Is Right, I got to thinking about my relationship to the hallowed halls of the hospital. And sure enough, the thoughts began coming in rapid-fire succession. Just like that...
1. Oh, this place is so cozy. I seriously could just sit here all day.
2. Ooh, look at that big screen TV.
3. Be still my heart! It's a doctor in a white lab coat! Quick, I should think of a pick-up line or at least feign sudden illness!
4. Today definitely calls for a little look-see in the gift shop.
5. I'm so jealous of everyone who gets to work here every day.
6. I even get a hospital bracelet! I feel like I'm at some sort of exclusive club. Score!
7. These smells bring back so many fond and joyous memories.
8. I sure wish I could book a room and get a bag of I.V. fluids.
9. I wonder what's down that hallway.
10. The cafeteria is such a wonderfully calming place. Time to sit down and sip an orange soda!There you go, friends! A little peek inside my mind. I'm sure there were many more random thoughts, but, you know, I didn't want this post to stretch on forever. Don't think I couldn't, though... xoxo