Thursday, August 18, 2016

These Are The Most Incredible Dice I've Ever Seen


So I was just going to include this in a Friday Link Love post, but it's just too amazing not to share -- and, I think you'd agree! My Yahtzee-obsessed heart is mesmerized by the D120 die, which, as a 120-sided die, claims the distinction of being the largest mathematically fair die possible.
"The D120 is about five centimeters across and can stop fairly quickly if you don’t roll too hard. The opposite face pairings add up to 121, and the numbering is a 'perfect numerical balance,' which means all sorts of combinations of number groups are consistent throughout the die. The important thing about that is the numbers are spread evenly spread out, so big numbers aren’t clumped together for example."
I'll let that sink in for a moment. Mind blown yet? Yeah, I know. My mind is still reeling! The even cooler news? You can order these babies online -- right here, actually?

How cool is that? Who's up for inventing a new hybrid of Yahtzee?? Oh, it could be quite a fierce game, don't you think, friends? xoxo

P.S. A new Love Lounge is coming up shortly! :)

[Via Nerdist]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

xoxo

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin