Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Tuesday Tunes: 5 Albums That Get Me Through The Work Day

The way I see it, there are two types of people in this world: Those who like music when they work and those who don't.

I fall into that first category, obviously! Music is akin to breathing for me; it's just a way of life, something that has become such a part of me that I don't even think twice about it anymore. I always say that if I didn't have music, I'd die -- that sounds like ridiculous hyperbole, but it's really not! Music has helped me get through some of life's biggest hurdles and it's just an all-around mood booster.

So when it comes to music and writing, the benefits are amplified! I do some of my best work when the tunes are blasting and the soda pop is flowing -- but that last bit about the soda pop is a topic that deserves it's own blog post. I thought we'd switch things up a little for Tuesday Tunes this week. Here are 5 albums that get me through the work day -- every single time! Granted, I have about a million "favorite" artists, like Simon & Garfunkel and Miranda Lambert, but these are the select few I've been playing on repeat lately. Warning: Lots of Lady Bosses up ahead...
1. Lea Michele -- Louder
She's not just Rachel Berry from Glee, and she proves that on her major-label debut, where she celebrates being true to yourself and not being afraid to show the world who you are! Plus, her vocal acrobatics are on fleek -- soaring in some places, haunting in other and emotionally driven overall.
My favorite track: "Burn With You"
2. Pure 80's Love
I've had this album for well over a decade, and I first thought it would just be one of those fun jaunts that have me f-skipping every few songs. Boy, was I wrong. It's rare to like every single song on a compilation album, but I can easily make it through the entire thing and get lost in writing in the process! Music from the '80s seems like it was made to be a writer's best friend.
My favorite track: Sheriff's "When I'm With You"
3. Carly Rae Jepsen -- Kiss
Picture a candy-coated confection of goodness, complete with rainbows and unicorns, and you've got Jepsen's first album. It's a breezy dream that will have you floating on a cloud -- and feeling oh-so-productive. Beware, though, because I've found myself bobbing my head and staging a one-woman singalong. Hey, at least it helped to get lots of writing done!
My favorite track: "Hurt So Good"
4. Paris Hilton -- Paris
Say what you want about Paris the Heiress, but this album is seriously -- and sadly -- underrated. It's not trying to be some epic magnum opus that speaks to all the social issues of our time, and that's exactly what makes it so perfect. It's dance-y and fun and just makes you forget about your troubles for 45 minutes. Not to mention, one song samples Grease and they're all ridiculously catchy!
My favorite track: "Screwed"
5. Adam Lambert -- American Idol Studio Performances
I've been a fan of Lambert from the beginning. I'm not a full-on Glambert, but I love his voice and his talent is utterly undeniable. He's a rare gem and I blast his Idol studio performances whenever I need to feel all the feelings -- obviously, a must if you're a writer who thrives on emoting! *Raises hand*
My favorite track: It's a tie between "Tracks of My Tears" and "Cryin'"

Do you agree with these picks, friends?? What albums are on your must-play list? Do you need lots of music when you work or not so much?? xoxo

[Top photo via We Heart It]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments make my day so much sweeter! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin